Where'd you go?

It's been almost a year since the last post. Bad blogging. Here's why: I've been working on finishing the other BMW CSE. And now it is done!  (Well, is a project like this ever really done?)

The BMW CSE I built for my son-in-law

Working on that car has kept me from doing much to mine. That said, I did finish the BMS relocation effort. It now lives in the back, above the rear batteries. 

The BMS Bubble turned out to be a bad idea so I relocated the BMS upside down above the rear batteries

I also had to replace the power steering pump in my car, as the old Mini Cooper pump shorted out.  I went to the local Pick-Your-Parts and pulled all the pumps from every Mini Cooper in the yard.  Now I have a couple spares.

Mini Cooper electric power steering pumps pulled from a junk yard, tested, and cleaned up

Now that the other car is done, I can re-focus on my car.  The bad news is that I harvested some fusebox components from my car to use on the silver car so mine is currently not running.  The good news is that I learned a lot on the other car that will inform decisions on mine.  

I'm looking forward to getting back into my project...

Popular posts from this blog

Different strokes

Love that battery

Going Analog in a Digital World