One CSE on the Road

As I've mentioned before, my CSE project has taken a backseat to finishing the first CSE for my son-in-law.  That car (I'll call it the Silver CSE from here on, versus my Blue CSE) was started by Paul Dexter and was the initial inspiration for my car.  It was on the road as a full Tesla-powered EV, albeit in primer, for most of 2021.  In late 2021 my son-in-law purchased the car from Paul with the promise of having me finish it.  

Sizzle Reel - click to view

I tore it down, rebuilt all the brakes and suspension, installed cooling lines for the batteries, relocated the BMS, cleanup up the underside, rewired everything, installed air conditioning, sent it off for paint, finished and programmed all the fancy instrumentation, replaced all the rubber bits, replaced all the trim, fixed the sunroof, finished the interior, etc. and got it back on the road in August, 2022 for their wedding.

The underside of the Silver car with Tesla Model S large drive unit in the back

Installing battery box


Under the hood.  12 Tesla Model S batteries and a Tesla electric AC Compressor


But it wasn't fully sorted so it came back to my house for all the final sorting. It wasn't until June, 2023 that I finally delivered it.  To celebrate we did a couple photoshoots and a Sizzle Reel.  The photographer, Royce Rumsey, also did an article on the car for Exposures.

At the Lyons Air Museum, July 2023






Complete with custom CSE Owner's Handbook

It came out really nice.  It is super fun to drive.  The new owner loves it and that makes me happy.  Now I need to get up the gumption to work on my own car....

Popular posts from this blog

Different strokes

Love that battery

Going Analog in a Digital World