Back in Black

When I had the car media blasted, almost two years ago, I had them shoot black epoxy primer to protect the bare metal from rust.  Since then we've done a lot of cutting, welding, rust repair, fabrication, etc and exposed a lot of steel.  Since I'm getting serious about installing all the wiring and EV components, I figured now would be a good time to re-prime all those exposed areas, before they become difficult to get to.

I didn't want to stall the goal of driving the car within the next two weeks so I took a day off work and disassembled the wiring in the trunk area, the cooling pipes, the A/C, power steering, and brake booster so that I could shoot some paint.  This, along with prep and masking took the better part of a day so I ended up shooting the epoxy primer late at night.  At least now everything is protected.

All but the outer edges seam-sealed and everything primed

Now that most of the drilling, cutting, and welding is done, it is good to have it all sealed up


The new floor pan repairs, etc. are all black now

Rocker repairs were already coated inside, but now the outside is protected too

Dent repairs and US side marker and bumper hole fills are now primed

 
While I had the paint and gun out, I primed the brake booster support (the fluglehorn) and other bits in the engine compartment

I also shot the rear battery rack parts while I was at it

Popular posts from this blog

Different strokes

Love that battery

Going Analog in a Digital World